My therapist disagrees with the other shrink's diagnosis of bipolar disorder. She doesn't think I have nearly enough manic indicators. That said, she doesn't think a mood stabilizer is necessarily a bad idea. She's going to consult with him, talk to him about my dissociation [I was so gobsmacked by his quick diagnosis I didn't even mention it] maybe they can come to a consensus.
I just finished the entire "Crazy Rich Asians" trilogy by Kevin Kwan. Total beach reads, designer porn, fluffy and fun, zippy writing style, and the characterizations were spiced enough to keep me clipping right along.
I continue to have a fuckton of other things to read. I'm taking my time. It's nice to be spoiled for choice when it comes to books.
The semester starts next week. I *think* I'm ready. Looking forward to more activity in the office for a change anyway. Things are getting kind of crazy with IT with setup [we share space] and everyone is kind of punchy, but at least they're in good moods, in that dizzy way. We all had a political bitchfest this morning, got the blood going. Thank fuck we're all bleeding heart snowflake liberals.
Semi-related to the last point, I find myself increasingly intolerant of Trump apologists of any stripe. Their rhetoric nauseates me, and their complicit silence nauseates me more. I have distanced myself from family and friends who are open Trump supporters, and I will not apologize for it. It is no longer a difference of political opinion; it is now a question of morality. This country is headed for a serious crisis, and we're going to have to choose sides. Those who scoffed at early comparisons to Germany in the thirties would do well to pay closer attention to the news now.
Meme I stole from magnetic_pole
. I haven't done a meme in ages!5 things you’ll find in my bag:
- makeup bag
- wallet. Wow, that's exciting. 5 things you’ll find in my bedroom:
- a fuckton of jewelry.
- my battle station [aka my vanity, where I do my face]
- a fuckton of perfume.
- my Kindle, or whatever book I'm reading at the moment. And usually I'm reading three or four at a time, plus magazines, so there's usually a jumble of reading material on my night table at all times.
- Often, Nina.5 things I’ve always wanted to do:
- publish a book. [done! :D]
- world tour. So many places, I can't name just a few. The only place I've been abroad is Ireland. Mexico and Canada don't count.
- drive a race car on a track, I don't care what kind. As long as I can go really, really, REALLY fast.
- get an inside tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute.
- walk in high heels. [Total pipe dream. Never going to happen :)]5 things that make me happy:
- fandom, much of the time
- Nina <35 things I’m currently into:
- The makeup boards on Reddit and Makeupalley
- corn on the cob
- golden pear tomatoes
- inviting cancer to go fuck itself5 things on my to-do list:
- finish cleaning house for Artemis' visit
- do a tumblr meme that ancientreader
invited me to do
- give myself a serious pedicure
- evaluate summer wardrobe for downsizing; accordingly, evaluate fall wardrobe [yay fall!]
- get back into a regular exercise routine. Poor Nina is gaining weight, and I'm weak and flabby. :(
I would love to see everyone do this, of course! Have a swell day and night. :)